Report an Absence
Absences are excused if they are a result of:
- Death in the immediate family
- Emergency medical or dental attention
- Absences approved in advance by the principal or vice principal
Absences are not excused if they are a result of:
- Missing the bus
- Cutting a class in order to make up work in another class
- Expected absences, which are not pre-arranged and approved for the date of the absence.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Absences not verified by a note or phone call from the parent must be confirmed with the attendance secretary no later than three days after the student returns to school. Students will be marked as truant when such notification is not provided. Unexcused absences can result in disciplinary action.