In partnership with the Nevada Department of Public Safety, the SafeVoice program provides students a safe place to submit a tip concerning their own safety or that of others. A fully trained professional team of experts responds in an appropriate manner 24/7/365. Tips always stay anonymous.
We know this is a challenging time for our students and an unprecedented time for our teachers and school staff. At SafeVoice, our number one priority remains your safety and well-being. Here are some things we want you to know: • Your school teams – counselors, social workers and administrators -will continue to respond to all tips during regular school hours. If you experience or know of life-safety issues, SafeVoice will work with you to keep you and your classmates safe.
- SafeVoice communication specialists at the Department of Public Safety will respond to all tips after-hours and ensure that you get the help you need.
- Because school buildings are closed, school counselors, social workers and/or administrators may respond to your tips by telephone or through email.
- If you or a friend need help for anxiety or depression, you can get support or mental health referrals from your school team during school hours. Know that our SafeVoice teams are ready to respond to all tips, night and day.
- During this difficult time, while schools are closed, you may need other information from your school or school district. Please do not hesitate to contact SafeVoice for help. Our communication specialists are ready to help you find school food distribution information or other supports available from your school.
- SafeVoice is available for all concerned students, parents and teachers, whether their native language is English or Spanish.
- Remember: SafeVoice is an anonymous platform. You may choose to include your name in your tip so that school teams can respond directly to you. Even then, we will keep your information safe and confidential, as always. We at SafeVoice know that this is a difficult time for all of our students.
We are here 24/7/365 to help you cope with the challenges we all share. Please remember that you can access SafeVoice at any time through our app, by computer or by telephone. We can all work together to get through until school doors open and we are together again. Be safe, students, and let us know if your need our help.
Your SafeVoice Team